Monday, June 20, 2011

The One in Which I Sit on the Couch

Michael is traveling this week.  It's funny because when he goes away like this I sort of like that I get to miss him.  I hate to say that on today of all days because it also happens to be the same day that my cousin Kirby was deployed to go to Iraq.  This is definitely a case of apples and oranges because 5 days on business in Cambridge is certainly worlds away from 6 months in the Middle East.

With that said, after living with someone for two (really three) years it is easy to settle into a routine and not do much outside of your house, especially when you also happen to live with the best dog ever!  Yesterday was a good example of doing things I never get to do: martinis on a Sunday & adventures with redheaded friends.  Today I went to a meeting after work and then came home, snuggled the dog, talked to Michael on gchat, ate some leftovers and made more dishes than I washed.  I also started a terrible movie that I couldn't bring myself to finish because the old man character was pretty unlikable.  Then I sat on my couch and thought about how I had really intended to do so much more than I actually did.  I later surfed the web and red blogs and the online version of the Cape Cod Times.  What I really should have done was painted my Cow Parade Cow from Christmas or learned how to quilt.  We got these really nice quilt donations in at work today and it made me want to be a quilter.  Funny story is that there is a Quilters Convention over at Saint Mike's this week, which is only .5 miles away.  Those quilters can be vicious though!  (I almost just wrote "viscous" there.)

Nowww I am blogging about it!  I think I am going to go and re-read my copy of Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird and look for some inspiration!  Blog readers get signed first editions of my eventual best seller. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment